Neil qualified as a solicitor in January 2010 and worked in general practice where he was involved in a broad range of litigation matters before joining Augustus Cullen Law’s medical negligence team in 2012. Since joining Augustus Cullen Law, Neil has successfully concluded numerous medical negligence actions including catastrophic birth injury and spinal injury cases together with matters arising out the misdiagnosis of cancer, negligent surgical procedures, nerve damage, orthopaedic injuries and gynaecological injuries. Neil has also acted for a large number of patients who received DePuy hip implants which were the subject of a global recall in 2010 due to a defect in the product.
Neil has addressed the Oireachtas Health Committee on healthcare issues and has also lectured and tutored on the Law Society of Ireland’s Medical Law & Litigation course.
Recent Cases of Note
- Augustus Cullen Law secure damages of €550,000 for injuries sustained as a result of a fall whilst being mobilised by Nursing Staff in Hospital
- Augustus Cullen Law secure substantial damages for girl catastrophically injured in the course of spinal surgery
- Augustus Cullen Law succeed in securing €140,000 on behalf of a woman who suffered severe scarring following surgery to remove sweat glands
- Augustus Cullen Law secure substantial settlement for the parents of a baby girl who died during birth
- Augustus Cullen Law secure substantial settlement for woman arising out of misreporting of cervical smear test
- Augustus Cullen Law achieve significant settlement arising out of a Failure to Diagnose Lung Cancer
- Augustus Cullen Law secure substantial settlement for woman who suffered severe nerve injury to hand due to medical negligence
- Augustus Cullen Law secure substantial settlement for the parents of stillborn baby boy
- Substantial damages for man who had incorrect mechanical valve inserted in heart at surgery
- Member of the Wicklow Solicitors Bar Association
- Member of Medical Injuries Alliance
- Member of Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.