Damien graduated from Trinity College in 2004 with an honours degree. He qualified as a solicitor in January 2010 having trained with a well known Dublin City Centre firm. He joined Augustus Cullen Law in 2012 where he works in the general litigation department dealing with a wide range of claims including personal injury, professional and medical negligence, Garda compensation claims, financial mis-selling, defamation, commercial disputes and employment law.
Damien is heavily involved in the growing area of professional negligence and deals with a wide range of claims against professionals such as solicitors, accountants, brokers, architects and surveyors. Damien has also lectured on the topic of Professional Negligence at the Law Society for the Post-graduate Diploma in Law Course. He also has a particular interest in the area of Defamation.
Damien is also qualified to practice in the jurisdiction of England and Wales. He has obtained the following post-graduate qualifications
- Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law
- Postgraduate Diploma in Commercial Litigation
- Qualification to practice as a registered Trade Mark Agent
Recent Cases of Note
- Augustus Cullen Law secure a settlement for an incident where a Flight Attendant was hit by a falling suitcase in Dublin Airport
- ACL obtains Damages Award in Defamation Action
Membership of Organisations
- Committee Member (Honorary Secretary) of the Wicklow Solicitors Bar Association
- Member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
- Member of the Commercial Litigation Association of Ireland
- Registered Trade Mark Agent
- On the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.